This vegan protein oatmeal is a go-to staple in my life. It’s a morning bowl of goodness packed with plant protein and you most likely have majority of the ingredients on deck already. This recipe is so delicious that my friends who don’t like oatmeal literally lick the bowl clean. If you’re living the nomadic van life, oatmeal is an easy, heart healthy, one pot breakfast that anyone can enjoy.
Being that this one is fully plant based, the main ingredients are non perishable, so they don’t claim real estate in your frugal fridge space. The whole point to living a van lifestyle is the opportunity to take in new natural scenery everyday and the freedom to explore as you please. That being said, you don’t want to keep stopping because you’re hungry. This protein oatmeal will keep you full for hours until your next big meal.
Perk Alert: It smells soooooo good! You’re going to want to bathe in this bowl.
Vegan Protein Oatmeal Recipe
Prep time: 2min Cook time: 5min Total time: 7-10min
– 1cup flax milk (any milk preference or water)
– 1 palm full of broken walnuts and vegan chocolate chips (optional)
– 1 banana mashed (on the ripe side)
– 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter (I use Justins classic peanut butter )
– 2tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
– hemp seeds, ground flax, shredded coconut (toppings)
– strawberries, blueberries (toppings)
– In small-medium pot, add milk and let come to a simmer
– mix in oats and let simmer for 2 minutes
– lower heat and mix in banana
– stir in peanut butter
– mix in walnuts and chocolate chips
– stir in cinnamon, agave/maple syrup
– mix well, transfer to bowl
– top with cut up fruit, hemp, flax, and coconut
– drizzle with a little more agave and enjoy
*Note: You may need to add a little more milk as you go since the consistency will start to over thicken if heated for too long.*